The OTHM Level 4 Diploma in Business Management consists of 6 mandatory units for a combined total of 120 credits, 1200 hours Total Qualification Time (TQT) and 600 Guided Learning Hours (GLH) for the completed qualification.
• Academic Writing and Research Skills (20 credits)
• Business Operations (20 credits)
• Communication in Business (20 credits)
• Finance and Accounting (20 credits)
• Leading and Managing Teams (20 credits)
• Operating in a Global Context (20 credits)
• The qualification is designed to be delivered over one academic year for full-time study, but it is also flexible in its delivery in order to accommodate part-time and distance learning.
• The qualification is delivered face-to-face, through lectures, tutorials, seminars, distance, online by approved centres only.
• All units within this qualification are internally assessed by the centre and externally verified by OTHM. The qualifications are criterion referenced, based on the achievement of all the specified learning outcomes.
• To achieve a ‘pass’ for a unit, learners must provide evidence to demonstrate that they have fulfilled all the learning outcomes and meet the standards specified by all assessment criteria. Judgement that the learners have successfully fulfilled the assessment criteria is made by the Assessor.
• The Assessor should provide an audit trail showing how the judgement of the learners’ overall achievement has been arrived at.
Successful completion of the OTHM Level 4 Diploma in Business Management provides learners the opportunity for a wide range of academic progressions, including the OTHM Level 5 Extended Diploma in Business Management.
As this qualification is approved and regulated by Ofqual (Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulation), learners are also eligible to gain direct entry into Year 2 of a three-year UK Bachelor’s degree programme.