• OTHM Level 4 Diploma in Business Management qualification is designed to provide learners with an excellent foundation for building a career in a range of organisations. It is designed to ensure each learner is ‘business ready’: a confident, independent thinker with a detailed knowledge of business and management and equipped with the skills to adapt rapidly to change.
• The qualification will provide learners with the underpinning knowledge, understanding and skills associated with the business activities, policies, procedures and processes required to work effectively in a business environment. The units combine both theoretical and practical knowledge in the areas of academic and research skills, business and global operations, finance and accounting, business communication, leadership and team working.
The entry profile for learners is likely to include at least one of the following:
Relevant Level 3 Diploma or equivalent qualification
GCE Advanced level in 2 subjects or equivalent qualification
Mature learners (over 21) with relevant management experience (learners must check with the delivery centre regarding this experience prior to registering for the programme)
English requirements: If a learner is not from a majority English-speaking country, they must provide evidence of English language competency.
The OTHM Level 4 Diploma in Business Management consists of 6 mandatory units for a combined total of 120 credits, 1200 hours Total Qualification Time (TQT) and 600 Guided Learning Hours (GLH) for the completed qualification.
• Academic Writing and Research Skills (20 credits) • Business Operations (20 credits) • Communication in Business (20 credits) • Finance and Accounting (20 credits) • Leading and Managing Teams (20 credits) • Operating in a Global Context (20 credits)
Duration & delivery
• The qualification is designed to be delivered over one academic year for full-time study, but it is also flexible in its delivery in order to accommodate part-time and distance learning. • The qualification is delivered face-to-face, through lectures, tutorials, seminars, distance, online by approved centres only.
Assessment & verification
• All units within this qualification are internally assessed by the centre and externally verified by OTHM. The qualifications are criterion referenced, based on the achievement of all the specified learning outcomes. • To achieve a ‘pass’ for a unit, learners must provide evidence to demonstrate that they have fulfilled all the learning outcomes and meet the standards specified by all assessment criteria. Judgement that the learners have successfully fulfilled the assessment criteria is made by the Assessor. • The Assessor should provide an audit trail showing how the judgement of the learners’ overall achievement has been arrived at.
Successful completion of the OTHM Level 4 Diploma in Business Management provides learners the opportunity for a wide range of academic progressions, including the OTHM Level 5 Extended Diploma in Business Management. As this qualification is approved and regulated by Ofqual (Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulation), learners are also eligible to gain direct entry into Year 2 of a three-year UK Bachelor’s degree programme.