Level 3 NVQ Diploma In Wood Occupations (Construction)
- • The objective of the Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Wood Occupations qualification is to be a recognition for the knowledge, skills and competence of professionals who specialise in a wood-based occupation in the construction sector.
- • Candidates attending the course will need to demonstrate advanced skills, knowledge and experience in construction site carpentry. This qualification is appropriate for carpenters with advanced level skills
- • It is a Framework qualification that confirms competency in work supervision in the construction industry. Candidates will learn how to plan work activities and resources, maintain supplies of materials to meet project requirements and monitor and control work quantities and costs. They will also learn how to communicate effectively, supervise work activities and implement and monitor health, safety and welfare in the workplace. The learner will then take up two other optional units covering areas of work supervision such as implementing procedures to support the team’s performance in the workplace, monitoring work against schedules, circulation of project information or allocating and monitoring the use of plant, machinery or equipment.
- • Candidate can take this Level 3 NVQ qualification if he/she is currently employed or have previously been in the construction industry and are needed to supervise other workers and wish to demonstrate the ability to work safely and competently to a recognised national standard.
- • This qualification prepares the learner for working at a supervisory level in the construction industry, with a specific focus on work supervision. Upon completion you can apply to CSCS, or other industry card schemes, to gain a recognised skills card.
- • The awarding organisation for this qualification is ProQual. This qualification is regulated by the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual) and the Council for the Curriculum Examinations and Assessment (CCEA) Regulation
- • It is also endorsed by the sector body for construction – CITB.
- • There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification. Oshtree will carry out an initial assessment of candidate skills and knowledge to identify any gaps and help plan the assessment.
- At Oshtree we ensure on delivering assessments professionally and assure that all learners are treated equally and fairly.
The qualification will be assessed in line with the Construction Skills Consolidated Assessment Strategy and will be internally assessed by an appropriately experienced and qualified assessor.
Each candidate is required to produce evidence which demonstrates their achievement of all of the learning outcomes and assessment criteria for each unit.
There are seven pathways for this qualification; candidate must choose which of the seven that is most appropriate to the skill possessed.
The seven pathways are:
- Site Carpentry
- Architectural Joinery
- Shopfitting Site Work
- Shopfitting Bench Work
- Structural Post and Beam Carpentry
- Timber Frame Erection
Candidates who achieve the requirements for qualifications will be awarded:
- A certificate listing all units achieved, and
- A certificate giving the full qualification title: ProQual Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Wood Occupations (Construction)
DEFINING YOUR NEEDS
At ASQ we pride ourselves on delivering assessments professionally to ensure all learners are treated equally and fairly.
We put large emphasis on the practical elements of our assessments and training and appreciate the positive impact of a fun and enjoyable learning environment
The process is largely conducted on site or remotely using a variety of communication methods to suit the individual learner, such as Skype, Telephone, Email, Remote Desktop and our online ePortfolio system.
DEFINING YOUR NEEDS
Our NVQs and Trainings are delivered or assessed through a combination of direct observation of performance, professional discussions, professional witness reports and through written assignment completed on provided workbooks
Individuals will be assessed by one of our specialist assessors, all of whom hold relevant high-level qualifications in learning and development and extensive experience in the construction industry
- • Our assessment methods take the candidate’s learning needs into consideration and the process is simply built around the candidate. Our assessors are always available to provide guidance when required