level 5 nvq diploma in controlling lifting operations – planning lifts
- • Level 5 NVQ Diploma in Controlling Lifting Operations – Planning Lifts is a UK recognised qualification for individuals who specialise in planning the preparation of site and work activities and planning the lifting activities using cranes and/or lifting equipment to demonstrate their competence.
- • The awarding body for this qualification is ProQual Awarding Body and the regulatory body is the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual).
- • This qualification is intended for Appointed Persons/Lift Planners holding the CPCS ‘Red Trained Operator’ card who is required to upgrade to the CPCS ‘Blue Competent Operator’ card.
- • The (NVQ) Diploma in Controlling Lifting Operations — Planning Lifts (Construction) will develop knowledge and skills in areas such as lifting operations and developing and maintaining good working relationships.
- • There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification. Oshtree will carry out an initial assessment of candidate skills and knowledge to identify any gaps and help plan the assessment.
This qualification covers the following areas:
- Planning lifting activities using cranes and/or lifting equipment in the workplace
- Planning activities and resources to meet work requirements in the workplace
- Evaluating and selecting work methods to meet project or operational requirements
- Planning the preparation of the site for the project or operation in the workplace
- Identifying, allocating and planning the development and use of plant, equipment or machinery in the workplace
To achieve the qualification candidates must complete ALL of the Mandatory units which are:
- Developing and Maintaining Good Occupational Working Relationships in the Workplace
- Planning Lifting Activities Using Cranes and/or Lifting Equipment in the Workplace
- Planning and Establishing Health, Safety, Welfare and Environmental Systems for Lifting Operations in the Workplace
- Planning Activities and Resources to Meet Work Requirements in the Workplac
- Evaluating and Selecting Work Methods to Meet Project or Operational Requirements in the Workplace
- Planning the Preparation of the Site for the Project or Operation in the Workplace
- Identifying, Allocating and Planning the Deployment and Use of Plant, Equipment or Machinery in the Workplace
- At Oshtree we ensure on delivering assessments professionally and assure that all learners are treated equally and fairly.
This qualification is competence-based, candidates must demonstrate the level of competence described in the units.
Assessment is the process of measuring a candidate’s skill, knowledge and understanding against the standards set in the qualification.
The qualification will be assessed in line with the Construction Skills Consolidated Assessment Strategy and will be internally assessed by an appropriately experienced and qualified assessor.
Candidates who achieve the requirements for qualifications will be awarded:
- A certificate listing all units achieved and giving the full qualification title: ProQual Level 5 NVQ Diploma in Controlling Lifting Operations – Planning Lifts (Construction)
DEFINING YOUR NEEDS
At ASQ we pride ourselves on delivering assessments professionally to ensure all learners are treated equally and fairly.
We put large emphasis on the practical elements of our assessments and training and appreciate the positive impact of a fun and enjoyable learning environment
The process is largely conducted on site or remotely using a variety of communication methods to suit the individual learner, such as Skype, Telephone, Email, Remote Desktop and our online ePortfolio system.
DEFINING YOUR NEEDS
Our NVQs and Trainings are delivered or assessed through a combination of direct observation of performance, professional discussions, professional witness reports and through written assignment completed on provided workbooks
Individuals will be assessed by one of our specialist assessors, all of whom hold relevant high-level qualifications in learning and development and extensive experience in the construction industry
- • Our assessment methods take the candidate’s learning needs into consideration and the process is simply built around the candidate. Our assessors are always available to provide guidance when required