NVQ Level 2 Diploma In Specialist Installation Occupations
- • Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Specialist Installation Occupations is a nationally recognised qualification for individuals associated with the construction sector working across a broad range of areas. These courses are designed to assess the competence of the lerners at the workplace where they are required to demonstrate skills and knowledge to a level required in the industry.
- • The main aim of the qualification is to confirm the candidate’s working competence as a Specialist Installation Operative. As a work-related, competence-based qualification, the completion of this course ensures employers that learners have the skills and knowledge needed to meet the required standard to carry out their preferred role.
- There are 7 specialist pathways:
- Pathway 1: Insulated Enclosures – Industrial
- Pathway 2: Insulated Enclosures – Commercial
- Pathway 3: Industrial Storage Systems – Installation
- Pathway 4: Door and Shutter Systems – Installation
- Pathway 5: Door and Shutter Systems – Repair
- Pathway 6: Blinds and Solar Shading Systems – Installation and Maintenance
- Pathway 7: Architectural Metalwork Installer
- Pathway 8: Acoustic Packages and Framework Installer
- • Learners can leverage on the skills and knowledge acquired from achievement of this qualification when working towards earning another qualification or gaining employment.
- • The awarding organisation for this qualification is ProQual Awarding Body and the regulatory body is the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual).
- There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification. Oshtree will carry out an initial assessment of candidate skills and knowledge to identify any gaps and help plan the assessment.
EVIDENCE CAN INCLUDE
At Oshtree we ensure on delivering assessments professionally and assure that all learners are treated equally and fairly.
There are twelve pathways for this qualification and candidates are expected to choose which of the pathways that is most relevant to their skills. The pathways are:
- Pathway 1 – Concrete Repair
- Pathway 2 – In Situ Flooring – Concrete Finisher
- Pathway 3 – In Situ Flooring – Plant Operator
- Pathway 4 – Background Preparation and Profiling
- Pathway 5 – Sprayed Concrete
- Pathway 6 – Decorative Concrete
- Pathway 7 – Concrete Drilling
- Pathway 8 – Concrete Sawing
- Pathway 9 – Concrete Drilling and Sawing
- Pathway 10 – In Situ Flooring – Screed
- Pathway 11 – In Situ Flooring – Resin
- Pathway 12 – In Situ Flooring – Concrete Layer
Candidates must demonstrate the level of knowledge described in the unit. Assessment is the process of measuring a candidate’s knowledge and understanding against the standards set in the qualification.
Each candidate is required to produce evidence which demonstrates their achievement of all of the learning outcomes and assessment criteria for each unit.
EVIDENCE CAN INCLUDE
- Observation report by assessor
- Professional discussion
- Witness testimony
- Candidate product
- Record of oral and written questioning
- Recognition of Prior Learning
The number of units to be completed varies by pathways but all the pathways consist of the following mandatory units in addition to the pathway’s specific units:
- Conforming to general health, safety and welfare in the workplace
- Conforming to productive working practices in the workplace
- Moving, handling and storing resources in the workplace
- Establishing Work Area Protection and Safety in the Workplace
Candidates who achieve the requirements for qualifications will be awarded:
- A certificate listing all units achieved, and
- A certificate giving the full qualification title:
ProQual Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Specialist Concrete Operations (Construction) + Pathway
DEFINING YOUR NEEDS
At ASQ we pride ourselves on delivering assessments professionally to ensure all learners are treated equally and fairly.
We put large emphasis on the practical elements of our assessments and training and appreciate the positive impact of a fun and enjoyable learning environment
The process is largely conducted on site or remotely using a variety of communication methods to suit the individual learner, such as Skype, Telephone, Email, Remote Desktop and our online ePortfolio system.
DEFINING YOUR NEEDS
Our NVQs and Trainings are delivered or assessed through a combination of direct observation of performance, professional discussions, professional witness reports and through written assignment completed on provided workbooks
Individuals will be assessed by one of our specialist assessors, all of whom hold relevant high-level qualifications in learning and development and extensive experience in the construction industry
- • Our assessment methods take the candidate’s learning needs into consideration and the process is simply built around the candidate. Our assessors are always available to provide guidance when required