level 4 nvq diploma in controlling lifting operations – supervising lifts (construction)
- • Level 4 NVQ Diploma in Controlling Lifting Operations – Supervising Lifts is a UK recognised qualification for candidates working as supervisors on site who are responsible for overseeing the safe lifting of plant or materials for construction building projects.
- • The awarding organisation for this qualification is ProQual. This qualification is regulated by the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual) and the Council for the Curriculum Examinations and Assessment (CCEA) Regulation.
- • The specification for this qualification has been approved by the Welsh Government for use by centres in Wales and by the Council for the Curriculum Examinations and Assessment (CCEA) for use by centres in Northern Ireland.
- • This qualification has been accredited onto the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) and it provides a progression route to discipline related qualifications.
- • The (NVQ) Diploma in Controlling Lifting Operations — Supervising Lifts is designed to develop knowledge and skills in areas such as lifting operations and developing and maintaining good working relationships.
- • There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification. Oshtree will carry out an initial assessment of candidate skills and knowledge to identify any gaps and help plan the assessment.
- At Oshtree we ensure on delivering assessments professionally and assure that all learners are treated equally and fairly.
This qualification is competence-based, candidates must demonstrate the level of competence described in the units.
Assessment is the process of measuring a candidate’s skill, knowledge and understanding against the standards set in the qualification.
The qualification will be assessed in line with the Construction Skills Consolidated Assessment Strategy and will be internally assessed by an appropriately experienced and qualified assessor.
Candidates who achieve the requirements for qualifications will be awarded:
- A certificate listing all units achieved and giving the full qualification title: ProQual Level 4 NVQ Diploma in Controlling Lifting Operations – Supervising Lifts
This qualification covers the following areas:
- Supervising lifting operations using lifting equipment in the workplace
- Co-ordinating and organising the control of work in the workplace
- Allocating and monitoring the use of plant, equipment or machinery in the workplace
- Maintaining the dimensional accuracy of the work in the workplace
- Co-ordinating preparation work for site or lifting operations in the workplace
- Allocating work and checking people’s performance in the workplace
DEFINING YOUR NEEDS
At ASQ we pride ourselves on delivering assessments professionally to ensure all learners are treated equally and fairly.
We put large emphasis on the practical elements of our assessments and training and appreciate the positive impact of a fun and enjoyable learning environment
The process is largely conducted on site or remotely using a variety of communication methods to suit the individual learner, such as Skype, Telephone, Email, Remote Desktop and our online ePortfolio system.
DEFINING YOUR NEEDS
Our NVQs and Trainings are delivered or assessed through a combination of direct observation of performance, professional discussions, professional witness reports and through written assignment completed on provided workbooks
Individuals will be assessed by one of our specialist assessors, all of whom hold relevant high-level qualifications in learning and development and extensive experience in the construction industry
- • Our assessment methods take the candidate’s learning needs into consideration and the process is simply built around the candidate. Our assessors are always available to provide guidance when required